Friday, July 29, 2011

Meet a Staff Member: Patricia O’Meara

2
Patsy is the Clinical Simulation Lab Coordinator at Montgomery College, and a wonderful asset to the nursing program!

Jenette: When did you become a Registered Nurse?
Patsy: I graduated from Montgomery College in the spring of 1984, took board exams by June, and got results in July. I was able to get a job right after graduation due to the high need for nurses. The beauty of this position was I was able to begin preceptorship while I waited for my results.  You might say that it was a partial nursing position as graduate nurse, included limitations on the care I could provide to patients, while waiting for final NCLEX results. When I passed, the preceptorship ended.

Jenette: What brought you to the decision of becoming a RN?
Patsy: This decision was influenced by different aspects of my life. First, while I was in high school, I was science-oriented.  When it became time to decide what career I would like, I was looked for a job that would include my love of science and also provide a chance to connect with people. Nursing seemed to be a fulfilling way to spend my life!

Jenette: Was this decision influenced by any family members?
Patsy: Yes it was!  My favorite Aunt was a nurse!  She had a very comforting and caring presence.  It was always a treat to go see her when I was sick. I believe she influenced my decision to become a nurse greatly, as I wanted to be like her. My older sister is a nurse also.

Jenette: Why did you choose Montgomery College of all the other nursing schools around?
Patsy: Montgomery College, being a community college, was easily accessible, affordable, and offered high quality education.  Being part of a large family, I had to pay for my own college.  Montgomery College was the perfect place to be!  I was able to both pay my school fees and get quality education.

Jenette: What experiences have you had since you attended Montgomery College, and do you have any other degrees?
Patsy: After I graduated in 1984, I had quite a handful of different experiences.  I worked full-time for six years on a medical unit, and then I joined the float pool for a more flexible schedule.  I then moved to another local hospital, where I joined their float pool. I decided to go back to school and was able obtain my BSN in 1999. I then took a year off and decided to go back to school for a Master’s Degree in Health Systems (management and administration).  Obtaining my Master’s degree took approximately two and one- half years.  It was challenging to work full-time and be in school part-time, but the results are well worth it!

Jenette: What other special information would you like to share?
Patsy: It feels so special being back at Montgomery College.  It is like being home again!  It is just amazing to be here now, as I get to meet with many diverse, wonderful students from different parts of the world.  The staff and faculty here are excellent!  I feel honored to be part of this school, as we continue to prepare great, quality nurses for the future!

Interview conducted and prepared by:  Jenette Ejang, Graduate of Nursing Program at Montgomery College, May, 2011

2 Response to Meet a Staff Member: Patricia O’Meara

July 12, 2019 at 10:33 PM

I was a victim of weak erection and premature ejaculation,for the
past 4 years,and for this past 4 years my life was horrible,one day i saw a
post of a man being cured by a Doctor, called Dr Imoloa,so i contact him
and i get the cure from him,and my 4 years disaster and pains were like a
dreams so if you have this problem of weak erection and premature
ejaculation he also have cure for lupus disease, corneal ulcer, polio disease,
Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, epilepsy,joint pain,
fetal alcohol spectrum, schizophrenia, lichen planus, cancer, diabetes, asthma syphilis, and many more... you can contact Dr Imoloa for help,Email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatssapp +2347081986098.
-

June 22, 2020 at 3:16 AM

Am Richard, I am here to testify about a great herbalist  man who cured my wife of breast cancer. His name is Dr Imoloa. My wife went through this pain for 3 years, i almost spent all i had, until i saw some testimonies online on how Dr. Imoloa cure them from their diseases, immediately i contacted him through. then he told me the necessary things to do before he will send  the herbal medicine. Wish he did through DHL courier service, And he instructed us on how to apply or drink the medicine for good two weeks. and to greatest surprise before the upper third week my wife was relief from all the pains, Believe me, that was how my wife was cured from breast cancer by this great man. He also have powerful herbal medicine to cure diseases like: Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis. You can reach him Email Via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatsapp +2347081986098

Post a Comment